View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 11:45 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Owen View Post
PFF graded, not on how important he was on the season, but how he played, when he played. I mean, I can see it. It doesn't mean i'd want Stocker over Doyle or Ebron, But I do get the grading there. Stocker blocked very well all season, and did well when he was called upon in the pass game, (those few times). Where Ebron did really good in the passing game (minus 5 drops),..but was leaving a lot of want in the blocking area.
This is why Indy Grabbed him up in the offseason. They knew he wasn't good at certain things, But you bet your bottom dollar they were going to exploit the shit out of what he does very well.
That's my big problem with PFF. If they want to say their grades are just a generic grade based on how the player did each snap he was in the game, based on his responsibilities, and leave it at that, fine. Stocker has a very limited role compared to Doyle or Ebron, and he did well executing his limited responsibilities.

The problem is that they take that too far, throw up a bunch of flashy ESPN graphics, and call him the #1 TE in the AFC South while ignoring that he played a lot less and had a much less important and difficult role than Doyle or Ebron. That is dishonest trash. But it makes them money so they will keep doing it.

Last edited by FatDT; 02-26-2019 at 11:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (02-26-2019)