View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 08:29 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
He could play 5 tech, but he's not the type of player that would be pigeonholed to strictly that role. In fact it's the versatility I see that I think the Colts will covet. He has size, length, and athleticism that shows through on tape and in measurables, and could theoretically play 3 positions on the Colts DL, those being NT, UT and run down DE. I'm honestly curious as to what tape of him you watched that has you so convinced that 5 tech DE in a 3-4 is his only viable NFL role.
Watch any tape of his and notice how he attacks the OL. He’s chest to chest and beats a guard (usually) with power. He isn’t beating the guard off the snap and behind him before the guard can get his hands on him.

That last part is what the Colts want. The first part leads me to believe he would be great in a 2 gap scheme. Maybe he can play with more speed, but I don’t see any tape to show it. Just watch some Christian Wilkins and notice how often he slices or sidesteps through gaps. That’s what Eberflus wants.