View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 06:33 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I never thought Simmons was a top 10 player. Top 15-20, sure, and he was consistently mocked to the Falcons before his injury, but never top 10 for me. This puts him in the same category for me as Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack: Top 15ish player who suffered a freak knee injury and fell to the top of round 2 as a result. If you could guarantee that he'd be Fletcher Cox after the time he misses with this injury, I wouldn't hesitate to pick him at 26, either, but also he'd be long gone before that, maybe even in the top ten. Unfortunately we don't know how he'll perform and the injury is just another risk factor that could potentially hinder his success. For me, Tillery grades in a similar range but doesn't have the risk factor of the injury to deal with. That's why taking Tillery at 26 or trading down would be options I would use before taking Simmons at 26. I see the value at 34 in part because historically that is where players like Simmons have gone.
I still say most of you are off on Tillery. If they trade Henry Anderson for a late pick, they aren’t spending a high pick on another player best suited for a 5T. Maybe we’ll know in a couple weeks one way or the other.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (04-09-2019), Puck (04-09-2019)