Thread: Draft 2021
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 03:47 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Good choice. But have you watched a lot of tape on Wilson?

Wilson’s durability was called into question throughout his career at BYU. He underwent surgery on his right shoulder labrum in 2019 — an injury that had been bothering him since high school — and has also dealt with a right hand injury. Wilson is also somewhat undersized at 6-foot-2 and 214 pounds, which could give teams a cause for concern.

BYU dominated most of its 2020 schedule, which was weak as hell outside of Boise, but faltered in a major test against Coastal Carolina. Fucking Coastal Carolina! Wilson struggled under the bright lights and turned in his worst performance of the season, throwing for just 240 yards, one touchdown and one interception.

But, I will say this, he's a better option than your boy Jones. Lawrence is the top QB in this class, and it really isn't debatable. The Jackoffs may fuck him up, but I would take him number 1 all day, everyday over the rest!
I've watched at least 5 games of Zach Wilson that was just the game film cut to show only his plays and several different film breakdowns that were focused on him. I personally consider 3 games to be the bare minimum to get a baseline on a player. I'm not concerned about his size, and labrums typically heal and don't recur. I already touched on why I think Wilson will succeed in the NFL, which is primarily his ability to make a play positive for the offense when it breaks down.

As for the rest of what you said, we've been over why I disagree ad nauseum, so I'll just say I disagree.