Thread: The build
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Chaka, I’ll apologize for the intellectual dishonesty comment. I did go back and reread some of your posts and while your comments lead me to believe you expected better than 2-5 at this point you haven’t specifically stated such. My memory apparently let me down again and I do apologize.

As to the rest I’ll comment shortly when I get a chance, but I did want to get the apology posted.
Very cool of you to say, but unnecessary as I took no real offense at your comments even if my response sounded like I did (getting across the right tone in writing is always difficult – I guess that’s what emojis are for, but I can’t bring myself to use them).

I can save you the trouble of looking through my old posts – whether I said it or not, I did expect the Colts to be better than 2-5 by now. But I don’t think I’ve said anything since then that’s inconsistent with that. I am disappointed by the record, and I think we’re better than that. I never felt this year had to be a rebuilding year where we just had to accept the fact we’d have a losing record, particularly since we have the best QB in the division. Parcell’s famous statement that “you are what your record says you are” sounds nice coming from him, but it’s not true – particularly over a period of seven games. There is a world of difference between the Colts and the Bills, even though they have the same W-L record at this point. Just look at the game last Sunday.

That said, I’m looking forward to your response to my comments.