View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I wonder how much of Luck's problems were due to the weather affecting his surgically repaired shoulder. If so, would it go away in time? Is it likely to persist in future January cold weather games? Looks like we need to get HFA in the future, if that is an issue.
It appeared to me as if Luck was trying to place or guide the ball instead of just throwing it. Like he was trying to avoid making a big mistake. I think the issue was mental not physical. Late in the game it looked like he had more zip on the ball. Frank’s play calling had a similar feel, although that is even more subjective I guess. I’d bet that offensively they had a major focus on not turning the ball over and feeding the crowd early. So low and away throws. Too much “touch” to try to make balls catchable in the somewhat cold, wet conditions. And no aggressive play calls. If they wanted to be conservative they should have at least attempted to pound the ball on the ground and let the Oline be aggressive. Instead they tried to have it both ways by calling a mediocre game plan and coupling it with scared execution.