View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 10:01 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
So much hyperbole here I don't know where to start. First, the defense didn't know what they were going to do "pretty much every down" as you say even if the playcalling was too predictable (I'm assuming no other NFL team has instituted a Bill Belicheat/Ernie Adams style cheating system). Second, even if the defense knew the type of playcall (run or pass) that was coming on a given down, there's still such a wide variety in each subset that the defense having that information doesn't preclude the offense from making a play, especially if the offense is very good at executing their plays (how else would the Manning led Colts have ever beat the Cheaters?). Finally, I'm only advocating throwing the ball away instead of committing a costly turnover. Brissett had many opportunities to make plays, but made a lot of mistakes, sometimes unforced mental errors, sometimes bad decisions caused by pressure. That's the cost of starting a second year 24 year old QB who isn't on the pure talent level of Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. He likely has the talent to develop into a starting caliber QB with another couple years of development, but last year, he was a big reason the team lost games late.
You are comparing Tom Moore's offense to what they ran under Pagano's tenure? Yeah, you're a fucking idiot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-25-2018), YDFL Commish (02-25-2018)