View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
“Trump is Hitler”. “The next holocaust”.

Lol. You’re an idiot.

Newsflash-they’ve had immigrant detention centers in this country since the 1890’s. As long as we have immigration laws, we will have immigration detention centers. It’s not a Trump phenomenon, as much as you crave it to be.

I get you guys need a boogeyman to be afraid of, but at least do a little research before spouting off.

I think Trump is a moron and unfit to be president, but he’s no freakin Hitler. Comparing him to a real monster like Hitler trivializes the millions who died under his thumb.

I don’t think anyone that uses a Hitler reference is suggesting Trump is on par with “Hitler”. But let’s not forget that before Hitler was “Hitler” he was a democratically elected leader that used fear, nationalism, and scapegoating of minorities as tools to increase support among his followers, consolidate power, and crush his enemies. So no Trump is not “Hitler”, but he has damn sure shown many tendencies common in ruthless strongmen from the recent past - including German Chancellor Adolf Hitler.

I personally think the only thing standing between Trump and mass atrocities is our system of checks and balances. However, these are the same checks and balances both Trump and a not insignificant portion of the Republican Party (Nunes, etc) are working to actively undermine and erode. While the rest sit by silently. Trump is not just stupid and ignorant - he is dangerous. He is a man that is not driven by any type of moral compass. He is driven strictly by power and greed. He expects and rewards only blind loyalty to himself. While he is a blubbering idiot in most regards he is a master showman and he has both a massively powerful delivery platform (Fox “news”), religious cover (thanks evangelicals), and a more than willing and largely poorly educated and pissed off support base.

He is more than merely an idiot tarnishing the US presidency and the country itself. He is the embodiment of the worst and most dangerous impulses within us. He has access to the most destructive military capabilities the world has ever produced. He has a massive PR wing that spins ever topic in his favor. And fully 1/3 of our population follows him blindly and believes his every word. I’m sorry, but that is way more that just an idiot to be laughed at and disregarded.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (05-27-2018), FatDT (05-27-2018), HoosierinFL (05-27-2018)