View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 11:46 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Yeah, I hope it was clear that I think Walker is fine. I was just curious if anyone would even be open to upgrading.

My concern with Walker is not attacking downhill, at all. He can do that just fine. It's when TEs are breaking open over the MOF in the intermediate passing range. They aren't 1:1 scheme comparisons, but that's where Gary Brackett was a menace (at the expense of not being as good downhill, though he was certainly solid) because he had great zone drop instincts and could cover 20 yards with relative ease. I think Walker is fantastic in the 10 yards he has in front of him, but needs a lot of work in his zone coverage technique and instincts.
Completely agree.

When the play is IN FRONT of Walker, he is very good.

When the play WILL BE to the side or slightly behind him, his insticts and play anticipation is not nearly as good.

Brackett could see the play develop ahead of time and be where he needed to be WHEN the play was going to happen.

Walker only sees where the play is going once it is occuring. Now, he is young and may develop that instinct better but for 2018, he was great making the play but not anticipating the play.

Not the weakest link on the defense by any margin and only replaced if we find someone with great potential but I was pleased to see he led the NFL in a category.

Walk Worthy,