View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I was listening to Big Joe this morning on The Fan talk about Frank Reich. The two of them played together on the Buffalo Bills in the early 90s. He couldn't speak more highly of his leadership skills in the locker room. He called him the kind of person people naturally connect to and want to follow. The example he used was a game that I don't remember but have since googled. It was against the Houston Oilers in 93 in the playoffs. It's the NFLs biggest come from behind victory and Reich was the quarterback that led it as Jim Kelley was injured. Big Joe spoke of his influence in the locker room and huddle and shared that many of his words and concepts became what the team rallied behind in their playoff pursuits (much like the eagles did in rallying behind Foles and believing the team was greater than one star). Anyway, it was good stuff and made me warm up to the notion of him leading the Colts. Also sounds like a great game and I plan to add it to my viewing list for this weekend. The link to the full game is said to be on YouTube if anyone is interested.
I remember turning that game on for a bit somewhere around the 35-3 mark and turned it off since I didn't care about either team. Reich also had a huge comeback victory in college too.