View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
It's not research to blame any and every problem on a head coach, nor is it well thought out. It's actually the "all or nothing" logical fallacy.

The last coaching candidate I actually supported is doing pretty well for himself. Unfortunately, the "brain trust" at the time of Irsay and Grigson chose not to hire him. One of many poor choices Grigson made.

By the way, the definition of "supporter":

A person who openly, actively, and frequently states that they do not care what happens to another person (i.e. me stating numerous times that I did not care what happened to Pagano) cannot be said to be a supporter of that person. It's understandable that you'd confuse your language given the myriad logical fallacies you and others allowed yourselves to engage in to blame any and every problem on Pagano that you could, but nonetheless you are using the wrong word. I think this is the definition you're looking for:

That describes me very well. A "dissenter" is what I am on the issue, mostly because I didn't (and still don't) think that nearly the number of things people here wanted to blame on Pagano were actually his fault, and I didn't (and still don't) think that the expectations set upon him by most of you were reasonable in any way. It's over now, though. He can't be blamed for anything the Colts do moving forward and there obviously can't be any expectations of him moving forward in relation to the Colts. Thus, there's no relevant difference of opinion anymore.
My expectation for this season was that they not continuously blow 4th quarter leads. 4th quarter they were 30th in scoring defense and 32nd in scoring offense.

But none of that is coaching I guess. Unrealistic he would have any control over that.

And no he can't be blamed for anything for the Colts moving forward, thank God.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2018)