View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I think fans put more value in culture than teams, to be honest. There is definitely SOME value; don't get me wrong. But I see value in things like accountability (cutting Basham if he isn't doing shit), not anonymity. I realize I'm talking me vs Ballard and Ballard runs the team, but just think we tend to overvalue culture sometimes, or at least overvalue how teams view it.
In most cases I'd probably agree with you, but Ballard seems to have placed a special emphasis on culture building, so that's the main reason for my take on the situation you mentioned. Here's a quote from an article last week on Colts.com:

Ballard: “Look: I think your culture is everything. I think it’s everything. And I think I’ve talked a lot about this with our young players that we have. I mean, not only being aggressive and putting it on the players in terms of, ‘Hey look, we’re gonna take some chances here, and we’re gonna put it on you to perform. We’re gonna do it, and you have to do it in practice.’ But from the way we do everything here — the way we practice, the way we study, the way we hold ourselves professionally, the way we support each other, the way we support our teammates and our coaches. Everything we do plays into the culture that we’re building right now.”

https://www.colts.com/news/chris-bal...-opportunities