View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
After doing some key term searches, I cannot find any evidence that the Colts every talked to Campbell or Bouye. I can find a lot of sports news articles saying things like "a good fit for xxxx is the Colts" but not anything that actually says we were talking to them.

I am not saying that we were not talking to them, but I find no evidence that we were.

Anyway, I think the 2019 off-season will be different because he is/has established the team's identity this season. Regardless of our ending record (which I now think will be around 8 wins), this team's identity will be established on:

Offense: Luck, Hilton, Doyle, Ebron, AC, Nelson, Kelly, Smith, Hines and Wilkins.

Defense: Hunt (assuming he is re-signed), Sheard, Turay, Leonard, Walker, Hooker (I am not sold on any of the CBs as a long term solution).

I expect us to add at least a couple of higher priced free agents (CB and WR especially) this season to help fill in the holes. If Ballard sits on his pile of money again, I will be very surprised.

Walk Worthy,
I asked this in the offseason, and it seems the rule is based over a number of years, not a single year, but still, at some point Ballard will have to spend more money just to meet the salary cap minimum. You can't consistently be $50 million under the cap.

Nor would it make any sense to do so long term.

There will still be plenty of holes to fill this offseason and you could still almost pick a group and add to it with FA money for upgrading.

DL, OL, LBer, WRs, secondary.......any of them.