View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Not sold on him at 13. Not sold on any of them. Next yr is going to be a good QB yr Way better than this oneIMO Its almost like the Q deal. Build the trenches and get the Q of the Dline
After Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) and Justin Fields (Ohio State) who should both go in top 4 who is a potential franchise QB? Off top of my head these are the only two. Doubt we are drafting that early. I like Kinlaw too, but Herbert IMO would be the better pick, if not sold on Brissett who is in last year of contract I believe.

Herbert has all the physical attributes to check all the boxes for what NFL teams are looking for in a franchise quarterback. Shows consistency with both accuracy and velocity on passes. Has shown the ability to stretch the field vertically and also fit passes into tight windows. Ball placement is ideal. Knows when to put passes high, when to put them low, when to lead receivers away from contact, etc. Has good mobility and can maintain passing integrity with arm strength and accuracy when on the run.

Rather have him than Brady or Rivers as short term band aids?