View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
You guys can argue about roster construction but the real key to winning a superbowl is having a franchise QB playing at a high level.

You have to go back to 2003 and Tampa Bay to find a superbowl winner without a star QB - with a possible exception for 2018 Philadelphia Nick Foles, but that was an offensive scheme that was messing with opposing defenses and then Foles had some weird moment and took them on a run.
Just listing backward here its:
Mahomes
Mahomes
Stafford
Brady
Mahomes
Brady
Foles
Brady
P. Manning
Brady
Wilson (he sucks now but had a savant first few years)
Flacco
E. Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Roethlisberger
E. Manning
P. Manning
Roethlisberger
Brady
Brady
Brad fucken Johnson

This boils down to whether our guy is going to be a good one or not
I don’t think anyone will disagree you need a franchise QB. From there you have to fill holes and maximize your chances in your window. QB is the most important part, but the rest of the roster does matter.

If you are defending Ballard by saying he hasn’t had the QB so the rest doesn’t matter, then I disagree. There was no reason to acquire Rivers or Ryan unless you think they are good enough to be on the list. And if you think they are then you have to recognize the window is 1-2 years max. Ballard did shit with the rest of the roster. I don’t believe Ballard will ever operate in a way that maximizes the teams chances even if he has a franchise QB. The window with AR and this version of the team (Buckner, Grover, Kelly, likely Taylor, etc) starts this season. So far it appears it will be treated like every other season under Ballard.