Thread: Ryan benched?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2022, 11:58 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Ehlinger is not particularly weak this season. He has improved in that area and I would definitely put him above Rivers, Brees and Ryan.

The important thing is that Ehlinger can make off schedule throws, not have to have his feet set and not have to put his whole body into certain throws.

Also, this is not a disaster of a decision. The best we were going to finish was 9-7-1 w/Ryan anyway.

Who the fuck wants that, who going to get excited about that? Not me. If we 9-7-1 with Ehlinger, then maybe there's something to build on. If we go 6-9-1 (which I expect we will), then Ballard has to find a way to parlay that into the future QB.
I will be stunned if Ehlinger is anything but disappointing. Judging by your post, your opinion isn't far off from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
you have to understand, in Dam's mind, players are incapable of improving. that and 40 times are all that matter.
No, players can improve. For Ehlinger to improve his collegiate arm strength to NFL arm strength, it would take about double the work Drew Brees needed. It's possible for him to have achieved that in 2 years, just not likely.