View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 05:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,663 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
If he is close to Minshew's arm talent, we absolutely need to let Minshew walk.

Ehlinger isn't AR but I think his athleticism and skill set fall more in line with the offense we had for AR than what Minshew's does.

I doubt he processes things like Minshew does, personally, but perhaps he needs a real opportunity.
Ehlinger's arm is to Minshew's arm as Minshew's arm is to AR's arm.

I wouldn't be against paying Minshew high end backup money, he's earned it. I also wouldn't be against drafting Jayden Daniels. I didn't like the approach that led to drafting AR (mostly because it could've led to drafting Levis) and I don't like that he now has a recurring shoulder separation injury. I also like the skillset that Daniels brings, he probably has every bit of the speed AR has, and most of the playmaking running ability as well, but his passing is far more polished and NFL ready. He will be 23 on draft day and through most of his first season, but so was Joe Burrow, and he's turned out pretty well even with a fairly bad injury bug thus far in his career. Steichen seems to want a QB similar to Jalen Hurts, and while the body type is not similar (Daniels is built more like Lamar Jackson), the skillset is.