View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 01:03 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
If we have a healthy Luck-- what is our record at the mid-point of the 2019 season?

Boy this is a slippery slope...
I am going to answer your question a little differently.

There are actually two big if's within that question.

What if Luck didn't retire?

What if Luck was healthy?

I think that if Luck didn't retire this year - the Colts would have a similar record to what it is now.

I think Jacoby would have still started the first 2-4 games of the season because Luck was nursing his calf injury. At some point, Reich or Ballard would coax Luck into trying to ramp up more - more reps in practice and eventually playing a game. I think it would take a lot of coaxing because Luck was still scarred from his previous injury and would want to be near 100% before playing. It is anybody's guess if he would continue playing out the entire season. He might say "I tried, but I am injured and need to shut it down again. I need to be in less pain."

So I could see QB1 as either....Jacoby and then Luck on the season. Or Jacoby, then Luck, then back to Jacoby.

The switching could cause an extra loss or two vs. a fully healthy Luck so 5-3 sounds about right with the "broken" Luck. Probably 7-1 with a fully healthy Luck.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 11-08-2019 at 01:25 PM.