View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 02:26 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Your points about the matchup with Jonah Williams seem fair, but Castonzo was the 3rd tackle in that draft behind Tyron Smith and Nate Solder. Quinn was taken 8 spots in front of Castonzo. It isn’t apples to apples.

Edit: I take back my first statement. Alabama and Florida St didn’t play in 2018. I’m not reading into Burns performance against Williams in 2017 after the growth Burns showed in 2018. Not to be a dick, but there’s so much wrong or misleading in your last post that I feel it should be redacted.
Was the Alabama matchup 2017? I was watching it late at night and honestly don't follow college football much, so I didn't know based on watching the college season. It's certainly fair to say that tape from 2017 on a player like Burns isn't good evaluation material. Also, I'd honestly forgotten Tyron Smith was in that class, but Castanzo was considered the top OT prior to early entrants and was still widely considered the 2nd best OT. Nate Solder was drafted before him, but a lot of people thought he would have to move to guard because his pass pro was so bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (04-10-2019)