View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 12:26 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I just need to see it consistently from Mack. He'll have one game where he picks his running lanes, accelerates through, maintains good contact balance and is generally a dynamic player. Then he'll have 3-4 games in a row where he doesn't pick his lane right, gets tripped up by an ankle tackle, mishandles the ball in some capacity etc.

Anyone saying this performance proves Mack is RB1 next year is crazy. But it's still a very good problem to have if you accomplish absolutely nothing at the RB position in the offseason and still have Mack/Hines/Wilkins.
Yup. I don't think anyone here is saying it proves he is a #1, to be clear I certainly am not.

With the way this line is blocking he just needs to shake that first contact and he should have a big gain. He was good at that in college with a nice stiff arm and an ability to shed tackles with a nice sidestep and shoulder drop. I just wanted to acknowledge that he is showing glimpses of getting better. Will he continue or plateau is up to him. At the least he will be a change of pace speed back that the defense will need to keep an eye on.