Thread: The build
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 08:30 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

Thru six games, I see hope in several areas on this team.

First, we are set with the most important and hardest piece to get ........ the quarterback.

To me, the offensive line looks like they have the players to jell into a dominant force (with what we have invested in this line, it needs to become dominant in the next 1-2 years, and I think they are on the way) given time and health.

Marlon Mack, if he can stay healthy, may be the answer at running back. The second half of Sunday's game was the first time in ages in which our running game looked like a real running game.

The tight ends seem to be good enough for us to compete.

The defensive line has some talent. I really think that it's a good start for the line. We need a stud to elevate everyone's game in my opinion. Hopefully, our #1 draft pick in 2019 will be that.

We have one linebacker that we can run with, need more. One safety is set ........ the other (Geathers) I love, but sustains a good deal of injuries. And thankfully, the cornerback is supposed to be a good position in the next draft.

The challenge for the coaching staff is to not lose the culture amidst all of this losing. Judging the early season as a rebuild (not by wins and losses), I'm pretty satisfied. I'm not saying that we are going to make it to the promised land (and after all, not knowing is what makes rooting so much fun), but if you look at where we are, I don't know how you could honestly say we are on the wrong track. I'm trying to enjoy the rebuild. Frankly, I cannot be this objective on Sundays ........ but later in the week, it doesn't look so horrible to me.

o

When you started this thread the Colts were 1-5 overall, and immediately coming off of a disastrous loss to the Jets.

The team then proceeded to win 10 out of their next 11 games, before falling to the Chiefs in the Divisional round of the playoffs.

This was a thoroughly objective take at a time when many Colts fans were feeling like breaking their TV sets in frustration ........ good call, good thread, and here's to hoping that the "build" continues in 2019 and beyond.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 01-21-2019 at 08:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (01-22-2019)