View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 10:29 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

I think that if our coaches are inventive that a lot of our recent acquisitions could see field time and mismatches.

=========
Put a package in that consists of 2 TEs (Doyle, Ebron) and 3 RBs (Mack, Hines and Wilkins). Show wishbone formation with both TEs tight.

If defense has not gone jumbo, then call the run play and smash it at the point of attack.

If defense goes jumbo to counter, shift to a 4-wide set with Ebron, Doyle in slot positions and Mack and Hines at the wideout positions. Allow Luck to throw to whom is open.

=========
On successive plays...

- 4 WR of Hilton / Rogers / Cain / Fountain with a RB.
- 3 TE of Doyle, Ebron, Swoope with Hilton and a RB.
- The above mentioned wishbone formation
- Back to 4 WR
- Back to a split RB formation with both RBs doine wheel routes while our 2 WR run "go" routes clearing the defenses.

Seriously, I don't know that we have a single "complete" player at any of the spots except Hilton and Doyle but we have all sorts of "mix-n-match" style players that we can script into a very exciting, dynamic attack that hits all parts of an opposing defense.

Of course, that is all predicated on an Offensive Line that can hold its own.....HELLO! I love the drafting of Nelson & Smith and the signing of Howard. FINALLY! An O-Line that will allow Luck to have the time to find the mismatch!

My guess is that we are going to be able to watch this offense ALL DAY LONG!

Anyway, if Fountain and Cain (and Rogers) will listen to Reggie and Hilton and do what they say in order to develop, this could be fun.

Walk Worthy,