View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 10:06 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Pierce wasn't getting open w/ AR at QB either. Also, I read in an Indystar article that stated the Cols aren't confident that he'll be able to develop into much more than what he is. I tried to find the article to post the link, but it's over a month old and having trouble finding it. Will try again when I have some more time on my hands.

Understand your desire to draft a pass rusher, and we could use it. I do worry about Verse though as his production doesn't match his ability. Which actually makes him a Ballard type pick.
Early on they were having AR throw fast and short. You can see it in his completion shart. I think they opened up a little in that last game. We will see this year. But Piece did get open at times and Minshew had either progressed past him or was rushing the play. If he did see him he would throw it late often allowing the CB to catch up. I was at a game and saw it for myself and you can see it on the all-22. Also to note, the separation stat everyone throws out is only on targets. They don't keep track if he is open and the QB doesn't go his way.

Now, this could be separate from them believing he won't be anymore than a deep threat. He has improved in his deep game, he stacks corners pretty well now. But if they don't think he can develop the other parts of his game that is something else. I should note that 23 seems to be a big age for WR's for some reason. They tend to improve around then so we should see here soon.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 04-17-2024 at 10:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-17-2024)