View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 09:21 PM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Well, look, there's multiple aspects to this. For the guys we have... Pryor has been serviceable. Obviously he's not ideal, but he's not totally lost. He's just a guard. Pinter spelled Kelly last year and did decent. I'm really surprised at how poorly he played.

They still drafted Raimann to be the LT. It's clear they want him to take over with the rotation and unfortunately his injury halted that progress. By the way, he was full participation last Friday and looks like he's not on the injury report anymore. Hopefully this happens soon.

And then we just can't know about free agency except in regards to the teams that sign the guys. Like we talked about Terron Armstead a lot here. Did the Colts not like him? Was 5yr/$75m too expensive? Did Armstead just flat out say "No" to the Colts? I would love to know that kind of stuff, but unfortunately all we can know is that he signed with Miami.
Pryor's been a turnstile a couple of games, and as you said he's a guard not a tackle. Why would the FO even consider handing him the starting job at the most important spot on the OL at a position he isn't suited for? They saw him in practice everyday for an entire season and unless they're completely incompetent (which they might be) they must know he's not suited to play LT.

Same goes for Pinter. Like you I am surprised that he struggled as much as he did, but you and I aren't watching him in practice everyday. I read that Pinter struggled all throughout training camp w/ bull rushes, which of course continued into the season. This can't be something new with him. You would think at least Strausser would have known that Pinter would be a disaster, and that he would let Ballard know this before Ballard let's guys like Glow and Reed walk with the expectation that Pinter could step in as a starter. Maybe the FO and coaching staff are working in silos or Strausser is too big of a pussy to say anything to Ballard.

Agree on Raimann, but it can't be wise to pin your hopes on a 3rd round rookie out of mid major who's only played the position for 2 years. Not to say that he's not going to pan out in the long term, but from a realistic standpoint he's probably going to struggle his rookie year.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Spike (10-05-2022)