View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 10:17 AM

Low pay, low risk guys whom I would like the Colts to sign to round out the roster heading into the draft:

1. Jadeveon Clowney. Yeah, this is a pipe dream unless we get someone desperate to trade for Jacoby Brissett but he would be a great "stud" to put opposite Houston in 2020. A front four on passing downs of Houston, Autry, Buckner and Clowney? Money. But, it is probably not happening.

2. Jabaal Sheard. If not Clowney, then I would want to bring back Sheard. The DE rotation of Houston, Sheard, Turray, Muhammad and Banogu is what we had last season but with better DT play and, hopefully, a step forward from Turray and Banogu, that group would have better performance in 2020.

3. Mike Person or Evan Boehm. Both former Colts. Both started games for us in either 2017 (Person) or 2018 (Boehm). Both are solid depth choices for the interior of the O-Line. Both are looking for work and would give us a veteran inside presence to have a safety blanket.

4. Eric Berry. Safety is thin, IMO, and a veteran presence with the experience and former play making ability of Berry would be a welcome addition. I would be much more confident in playing a 3-Safety look with Hooker, Willis and Berry than Hooker, Willis and Odum. I don't know his asking price but if reasonable, he would be a good add to fill out quality depth.

5. And if not Eric Berry, 35-year old Antonie Bethea is still available and played pretty darn well for the Giants over the past couple of seasons. The Mike Adams effect, anyone?

I don't know how much more Ballard will do in free agency prior to the draft but these are guys whom I think could help the squad and would not break the bank (with the exception of Clowney).
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
JAFF (04-01-2020)