View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 04:28 PM

Thanked 4,419 Times in 2,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
We can debate the risk in those moves, but I just don’t see how they are relevant to my point. Show me where Ballard has managed the roster to “win now”. That’s the discussion. I contend Ballard doesn’t view things that way and I believe regardless of ARs development he will continue managing the roster as he always has. If you see evidence to the contrary please provide it. The same year he traded for Wentz he had a roster that had no DE on the team with double digit sacks. Total. For their career. So the team certainly didn’t enter win now mode because he acquired Wentz.
My guess is there is nothing that can happen for you to think Ballard is capable. For the rest of us, we see the possibilities that a franchise QB opens up for a team. Without one, there is no chance. We think we have found one, and the team is solid behind him. The team that was one play from the playoff with a backup quarterback essentially has added a starting QB, a solid DLineman, and a solid backup QB, all while retaining the key free agents we had. This draft, plus whatever future additions Ballard makes before the start of the season should make us one of the top 4-7 teams in the conference.

One could argue that KC is miles ahead of the others, but Buffalo took a step back, and only HOU and BALT have any additions that look to benefit their teams. Maybe JAX has improved, but the jury is still out on them. We can be in the mix for the division (despite the moves HOU made), and be one of the contenders in the AFC.