View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 01:34 PM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
According to PFF, which I know you've cited many times, he was even worse than I insinuated:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...parry-arrested

My eye test, which is admittedly limited, seemed to indicate that he had taken a step back. Combine that with PFF giving him some poor grades throughout the season, and I thought it was a fairly safe bet that he was at least below average.
Well that is interesting.

I don't pay for PFF grades so the only ones that I ever have access to are the free ones that they put into their articles. I had not seen one for Parry up until you posted it.

It is interesting that he can have the 4th highest tackle number of all 3-4 NTs in the league but somehow be graded in the bottom 15% of all defensive linemen in the league.

My eye test saw him splitting double teams with some frequency and making piles to re-route runners. Granted, his piles were sometimes 3 - 4 yards downfield which is not ideal but I really felt like he was one of the few on our D-line that was playing at least NFL average.

So, I apologize if I came off harsh earlier. I was judging by performance and you were using PFF grades which I often agree with. On this player, I would like to know how they are grading because their grade does not correspond with my view of his performance.

Cheers,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (02-28-2017), Puck (02-28-2017)