View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 11:38 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

That's a lot to try to respond to. But thanks sherck, we needed something to talk about.

TE and WR - I hope you are right about using less 2TE. We have a top 5 QB and WRs with either the proven ability (Hilton) or the demonstrated potential (Moncrief, Aiken, to a lesser extent Dorsett and Rogers) to make plays consistently. I like Doyle and I'm glad we kept him. I like Swoop's progress. But WR should be the strength of this team.

RB - I'd really like to see Gore get to #3 on the all-time rushing list. With all the pass catchers on this team I wonder if RB passing will stay the same or go down? Christine Michael is not known as much of a pass catcher. Runner only. Makes you wonder if the offense is going in a different direction with the run game this year.

DT/DE - Langford got 7 sacks from the DE position in 2015. So a 5 tech can definitely rush the passer in this defense and is not just monitoring gaps. I don't have the confidence in Hunt that you do. If he makes the team I doubt he'll play many snaps. I do wonder how Anderson will be used going forward. He was very effective even as a rookie at DT. If he is healed and finally makes a jump to improve on what was already very good play his rookie year, would it make that much sense to move him?

ILB - I'd like to try Ayers at ILB too.