View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 03:57 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

My beloved Baltimore Orioles are looking for a back-up 3rd baseman for Ramon Urias ...... minimum salary is $720,000 per year, plus you only need to be on the Major League roster for 43 days to qualify for a pension.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post

I'm 57 years-old, I'm 50 pounds heavier, and I've had 5 knee surgeries ...... where do I try out ??? LOL.

o

The Orioles will pay for you to have an extensive and rigorous cardiovascular program over the next year, a program that will be designed for you to lose between 45 and 60 pounds and decrease your body-fat percentage down to about 8%. Your resting heart-rate will be somewhere between 48 and 55.

You will be playing the entire 2024 season for AAA-Norfolk ...... your batting average and fielding percentage will not matter, you will be force-fed as the 3rd baseman for the entire season to work out the kinks and the rust of not having played organized baseball since 1983. The goal will be to get you into the swing of playing top-level professional baseball, not necessarily to help AAA-Norfolk win games.

In 2025 you will head north with the Orioles' Major League squad at the end of Spring Training to back up Ramon Urias at 3rd base, who by this time will be a 2-time All-Star.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck