View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 08:34 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,609 Times in 935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I am 100% homer, however I find it difficult to believe this season is the start of a years-long process to fix.

At the core is OL. I'm a bit pissed at Ballard for his comment that "y'all pressured me to draft a WR". Yes, Pierce is good and potentially great, but honeslty, were all grown ups here, you let some key players walk, and didnt draft anyone behind them.... Pierce is really the difference between a top 5 OL and the bottom? He's not selling anyone on this bullshit.

To a certain extent, if we cant protect and playcall to a QB's strengths, we cant be successful. One of my lessons learned in the last 5 years is how talented Philip Rivers actually is. And I also think he is a douchebag.
Did he really make that comment? Because that is a bad look. Ballard is an NFL GM. No amount of fan pressure should influence his pick.

That said, Alec Pierce is a really talented WR. He could certainly point out "What guard was available that would've given us the value Alec does?" And that would've been a completely valid argument that doesn't make him look bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-08-2022)