View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 08:27 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
The Colts walked into Metropolitan Stadium in Minneapolis to face off against the Vikings. Three hours later, they staggered off the field on the short end of a 52-14 annihilation in which Joe Kapp and two backups threw for almost 540 yards.

The next year, they finished 11-2-1 and carried home the Lombardi Trophy.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not saying that the Colts are a year away from the promised land. Next year’s QB is likely to be a rookie who’ll experience the usual growing pains. But, also, don’t mistake that as pessimism. Chris Ballard has put together a heckuva roster that only needs a few tweaks to walk into the big game and carry off the trophy.

Some luck is needed. Drafting a QB always has elements of a crap shoot. But, if Ballard hits with the pick and he adds a couple of pieces to the OL…
I am 100% homer, however I find it difficult to believe this season is the start of a years-long process to fix.

At the core is OL. I'm a bit pissed at Ballard for his comment that "y'all pressured me to draft a WR". Yes, Pierce is good and potentially great, but honeslty, were all grown ups here, you let some key players walk, and didnt draft anyone behind them.... Pierce is really the difference between a top 5 OL and the bottom? He's not selling anyone on this bullshit.

To a certain extent, if we cant protect and playcall to a QB's strengths, we cant be successful. One of my lessons learned in the last 5 years is how talented Philip Rivers actually is. And I also think he is a douchebag.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."