View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 09:22 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I was at the 2006 AFC Championship Game. The two loudest noises I've ever heard were the roar after Addai scored the game winning TD and the roar after Marlin Jackson grabbed the game clinching INT. Peyton was masterful on that final drive, he marched them down the field almost too quickly. The moment I knew they were winning it was Reggie's air fumble and subsequent self-recovery. I remember that second of real time seemingly lasting 15 minutes, the ball seemingly freezing at its highpoint in the air, and Reggie fighting off three Cheaters to get the ball back, and he was the only Colt who could have. The funny thing about that sequence is its irrelevance, as Tully Banta-Cain was called for roughing the passer on the play. Then The Block happened, Saturday laid Wilfork out and created a running lane for Addai that he could've driven a Mack truck through. That moment was such a great moment, because the Cheaters were down 4 and Tommy Boy needed a TD drive to win the game, something he'd never done in the postseason before. Then the interception happened, and simultaneously 60,000+ of us jumped and screamed and celebrated. I remember being one of the last people to leave the stadium and walking out into the second craziest downtown Indianapolis I've ever seen. That was, by far, my favorite game and memory of the Peyton Manning era.
Yep!