View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 11:59 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts
Default Defensive Fronts the OL will face this season

We already faced two very good ones in the Bengals and Redskins. But our schedule in general is pretty ridiculous. We need Castonzo back the whole season. And we need Braden Smith to develop because I don't think Slauson is going to make it.

Eagles have Graham, Barnett, Cox, Ngata, Bennett, and Long. Damn.

Texans have Watt, Mercilius, Clowney. McKinney is a good blitzer too.

Patriots have Flowers, Guy, Brown, Clayborn, Shelton, Hightower, and Van Noy, I don't think this will be a cakewalk.

Jets have Williams, Anderson, and not a ton else, we'll see how they shape up. Their DL was a strength for so long, not so much now.

Bills might have found their way by the time we play. Hughes, Kyle Williams, Lotulelei, Murphy, Lawson, Alexander, Edmunds are all names that either have been difference-makers or are expected to be.

Raiders have Carradine (who's never done anything), Hankins, and Irvin, but I'm not sure they have the coaching for those players to matter.

Jags have their shit-ton of defensive talent up front

Titans have Casey, Morgan, and Landry, that last name might especially haunt us.

Dolphins have Wake and Quinn coming off the edge, our tackles better be healthy and ready

Jags again

Texans again

Cowboys have Lawrence, Crawford, Charleton, Collins, Irving, maybe Randy Gregory. And a very similar DL scheme to what has us so excited here in Indy.

Giants have a few names but this might be the weakest pass rush we face all season.

Titans again

So other than maybe the Jets, the Raiders, and the Giants, the OL will face seriously dangerous opponents just about every week this season. Sucks to play in the AFC South right now, just a lot of front 7 talent.
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (09-21-2018)