View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 06:51 PM

Default The rest of the story

Accountability is a beautiful thing.......

“Last season taught me a whole lot,” he said. “I could sit here and talk for days about what it taught me ... I thought we were gonna take a corner (in the draft), but we didn’t, so that means they’re putting full faith in me, Nate (Hairston), Kenny (Moore) and Pierre (Desir). We just gotta step up and make it happen.”

A year ago, Wilson said, he showed up to the Colts’ facility overweight and out of his element. At times, he coasted on the practice field, so the coaches dropped him on the depth chart. As the losses piled up, fans wondered why the second-overall pick couldn’t get on the field. So did Wilson, even though he wouldn’t acknowledge it publicly.

“I don’t know,” he’d say when asked why he wasn’t playing more. “You’ll have to ask the coaches.”

In reality Wilson knew.

“There were some things that I couldn’t control, there’s no secret about that, but no, I was not mentally strong (then),” he said. “I could’ve folded and just said forget it, but I didn’t, and when it was my time to play at the end of the year, I did.”

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...dystar%2Fcolts
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-01-2018), sherck (05-01-2018), Spike (05-01-2018)