For Week 6:

LT = Castonzo
LG = Nelson
OC = Kelly
RG = Smith
RT = Clark

OT Depth = Good
OG Depth = Good

And then we were down to only six guys whom I have any faith in. Losing Webb, Slasson and Haeg (perhaps coming back) so far has turned a position group who was pretty deep into razor thin margins.

Sorry, I gotta agree with Puck on this one. Keeping Luck upright and allowing him to do what he does (2nd half in NE, anyone?) will propel this team more than a stronger defense.

I am not demanding that the 1st round draft pick be used on OT in 2019; however, ignoring O-Line depth and starters just because at one point in the year we had good depth is foolish. Luck drives this team's success; keeping him protected and opening running holes is as important as any other need you could list.

I am not sold on Clark or Good as the longish term solution at RT but if I have to live with it, I can given the potential of the other 4 pieces. But we need to keep drafting one O-Linemen in the first 4 rounds of the draft EVERY YEAR in order to keep the depth stocked and hope that we hit on a "Leonard-like" talent every couple of years to really elevate their play.

But, O-Line in 2019? One of top 3 picks (1st & 2nd round) please!

Walk Worthy,
You are contradicting yourself. You said that this group was pretty deep until we lost Haeg, Slauson, and Webb. That shows that injuries are the problem, and drafting someone in the 1st or 2nd round doesn't do anything to guarantee against injuries happening again.

I have no issue with them drafting an OL this next draft, but it absolutely does not need to be in the 1st or 2nd round, and it's far from the biggest need on this team. If the guys who are out were healthy, you wouldn't say OL was that big of a need, so we just need to get them healthy.

The only way we need to spend an early pick on OL at this point is if we have to replace Castanzo. LT would be worth spending an earlier pick on if needed, but we just need to get him healthy right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-09-2018)