View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I just don't think you keep a 2nd round value (IF a team makes that trade) in your pocket -- given it has an expiration date -- on the chance you may have to play that card. The chances your 2nd round pick impacts your franchise long-term >>>> the chances that QB is ever called upon to keep your season alive and does so.

If Brissett walks, highest Colts would get would be an end-of-3rd comp pick. Ballard might play for that (and I doubt it would even be that high), but give me the 2nd round pick if anyone comes calling.
If someone offered a second for Brissett, I agree, you make that trade. Especially given the position the Colts are in where I still feel like there are multiple areas of need for the team.

If the team was otherwise set and you are just looking for the one or two players to put you over the top, you would keep Brissett no matter what. he is nice insurance to have and I think is a solid back up. Reich with him could manage if needed for a short period

But with where the team is and what ballard is doing and wants to do, you trade him if the right deal comes along.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2019), sherck (01-16-2019)