View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
How could Ballard and Reich both not see that Ryan's arm is shot? Most of his throws have nothing on them....they hardly played him at all in the preseason, I guess they either didn't want everyone to see how badly they screwed up or they knew he didn't have much left and they didn't want to waste any of it on preseason....either way, to miraculously get out of the Wentz disaster only to double down on stupid with Matt Ryan and still have a job, Ballard is teflon Chris and I hope he gets some help before drafting a QB this spring!
I liked Frank Reich; I really think he’s a quality NFL Head Coach. But, he was the guy who said that he looked at tape of every throw Ryan had made, in 2021, and didn’t see any decline in arm strength. That was the basis on which that Ballard made the decision to trade for him.

By the time that training camp rolled around, there were damn few options left to explore. The pooch was jiggered.

In some way, I’m reminded of the quote from Star Trek in which Scottie says fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. For two years in a row, Ballard made decisions on the most important position in the game based, almost entirely, on the recommendations of Frank Reich. Both were disastrous, and you get the feeling that there wasn’t going to be a third time.

Last edited by Kray007; 12-08-2022 at 11:51 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (12-08-2022), Racehorse (12-08-2022)