View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 05:40 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Admittedly, most of my dislike for Brady is because he and his team were the obstacle to Manning achieving much more greatness than he already had. Manning revolutionized the position and was just so much fun to watch. However, his biggest failures came in his biggest games, there's no denying that. I always felt that a combination of Manning and BB would have been unstoppable. I know a lot of you on this board, are filled with hatred for Brady, BB and the Pats in general, but really, that's just wasted emotion. You can be a Colts fan and still appreciate the talent you see from other teams/players.
I don't disagree that a lot of our dislike of Belicheat and Brady come from their success against the Colts. But you fail to mention the fact that all of that success came during the Spygate heydays, which obviously takes our dislike to the next level. If they weren't illegally video taping all of their opponents playcalls then we probably win more than 1 SB during the Manning era, or at the very least they win fewer.

It doesn't help that the league only gave them a slap on wrist when they were caught and did even less when they were caught a second time around.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-24-2020)