View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 10:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,658 Times in 959 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Just because I didn't want to start a new thread on this: how would you describe Eric Ebron? Gamechanger? Weapon? Total system product?

I was having an interesting discussion with a friend before the HOU playoff game where we were debating how many real ballers the Colts have. Like, guys who are damn good regardless of system/scheme and would excel on any team.

I suggested the following as ballers: Luck, Nelson, Hilton, Autry (when healthy), Leonard and Kenny Moore. With Castonzo in that almost tier.

Friend was adamant Ebron should be there. My take was that he is a mismatch weapon, but not really an out-and-out good player. Inside the 20s, he's a nightmare. Between the 20s, he's completely pedestrian unless he gets the perfect matchup.

Glad he's on the team, but just occurred to me a lot of fans probably have differing opinions on the guy.
I wouldn't call him a game changer, but he's likely the #2 receiving option on this team, who becomes #1 in the red zone. He's a matchup nightmare who is difficult to cover, but too frequently has drop issues to be truly elite.