View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 04:41 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
So Kris Richard has been fired by Seattle. We may not have picked him up as HC, but I wonder if he'd make a good DC for us now? I didn't think he'd make a lateral move but now that Seattle has fired him, he'll be looking.
This is esp interesting with the speculation that Ballard wants to run a 4-3 with cover-3 zone ala what Seattle has been doing.

Also I agree with a prev post - the fact that we have no hiring yet suggests that Ballard's candidate is still on a playoff team
The flip side to this idea is that Richard underwhelmed while overseeing one of the best defenses of the last decade. I know there are injuries. But he had plenty of stars still healthy but especially at home Seattle played below their standard. And with the way two veterans in Earl Thomas and Bobby Wagner were publicly bitching at each other I'm not convinced he lead the defense well or was respected.

And then there's the fact that he was fired. I don't see a compelling reason to want him here unless it's as a DB coach. From an outside perspective it looks like he wasn't ready to be a DC and he needs to pay some more dues before getting another chance.