View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 12:22 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
So, based on how poorly our WRs have been playing, I went ahead and looked at free agent WRs for 2019. Based on their current number of catches in 2018, those who are under 29 years of age are:

28 receptions / Chester Rogers / IND / 25 years old (Restricted Free Agent)
26 receptions / Ryan Grant / IND / 28 years old
23 receptions / Devin Funchess / CAR / 25 years old
22 receptions / Quincy Enunwa / NYJ / 27 years old
19 receptions / Phillip Dorsett / NE / 26 years old
19 receptions / Geronimo Allison / GB / 25 years old (Restricted Free Agent)
18 receptions / Donte Moncrief / JAX / 26 years old
16 receptions / Adam Humphries / TB / 26 years old
16 receptions / Tyrell Williams / LAC / 27 years old
16 receptions / Rashad Higgins / CLE / 24 years old (Restricted Free Agent)
14 receptions / Martavis Bryant / OAK / 27 years old
14 receptions / Robby Anderson / NYJ / 26 years old (Restricted Free Agent)
14 receptions / Zach Pascal / IND / 24 years old (Exclusive Rights Free Agent)

Of the top 13 productive WR free agents, 3 are current Colts (whom we are already down on) and two are ex-Colts whom we are down on (Dorsett and Moncrief). Of the remaining 8, three are Restricted Free Agents and will possibly cost a draft pick in order to sign.

Obviously, a long time before the end of the season and lots of things can change but of the potential choices, I think Funchess, Allison, Humphries and Bryant are the most interesting.

However, don’t expect Ballard to be able to sign a stud or two at WR and “fix” our WR issues. Expect our WR corps to be Hilton and then a whole bunch of “who dats” next year as well.

Earn the #3 overall pick, trade down again for more 2nd round picks for a total of 4 and then of our top five picks (1st and 2nd round), make at least one if not two of them WR. We have GOT to have better WR play and if we can't sign them, we need to grow them.

Walk Worthy,
If we are drafting in the top 3 & don't take Bosa or Oliver I will not be pleased.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dewey 5 For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-17-2018)