View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside asshole View Post
I haven't been as active on this board as much this year, partly due to time and partly due to not always relishing football talk right after a loss, so I might have missed it if this has been discussed already, but...

What is with all the fucking screen pass plays we've been running this year? I can't think of a single time this season where one has gone for positive yards, but they continue to make up a disproportionate percentage of 1st and 2nd downs from this team. Is this some mathematical high-percentage play that the team just isn't executing or something? Is it part of some deeper tactic by Reich & Co. that's expected to "click" at some point?

Come to think of it, I should probably just call them what they are: Passes completed behind the LOS, because I've yet to see the line adequately "screen" a single one of them.

Can one of you nerds who are smarter than me about this crap illuminate this for me somehow?
What screens? Last game the backs were targeted twice in the entire first half and one would have been a TD if it wasn't dropped.

Right now they are probably our best targets besides TE. I don't necessarily need to see a screen - how about a wheel route and then play off that later in the game.

It seems they're not running plays to setup other plays later in the game.

My biggest gripe lately is how vanilla the def looked. 4 man rush every single down. When you give up 7 straight scoring drives, do something different - can't be any fkn worse.