View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Manning had better talent. But the league has changed. This is only the beginning of an offensive era. All these records are going to get blown out of the water as more teams embrace the offensive explosion. The game last night is only the beginning. We are going to see more 40-50 point games. Defenses will become almost dime based.

If Manning was starting today with that team he would throw 70 TDs
Very true.

Looking back at Manning's TD totals for his early career, they seem pedestrian now.

AT the time they were top of the league, on a faster pace than almost all QBs in history.

Between 2000-2010, manning threw for 40000 yards and over 300 TDs, I don't recall the exact numbers, but at the time it was basically the best decade ever by a QB in terms of those numbers. I remember looking it all up at the time and posting on it.

Now those would be good but not by any means spectacular numbers. I think Brees probably threw for 50000 yards, or close to it, over the past decade.

And really much of that was because of manning. I know the Bills did the hurry up in the early 90s, but Manning and what he did really changed the league and caused many teams to adopt the hurry up system as we see it commonly today. Even the Pats. Brady never did that shit before 2007 while they were winning their first three SBs. Manning had been doing it for years before the adopted the system