View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 09:21 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I've never been a Brady fan, but I watched him carve up the Colts too many times to think of him as anything but a great QB. I'd be disappointed if he were to get to another SB, especially since I think BB was more responsible for the Pats dominance than Brady. I see Brady as the perfect QB for BB. He had him from the start, molded him to his way of seeing a defense. Brady to his credit, worked hard to be the QB that BB wanted him to be, learned from the master so to speak. I'd like nothing better than to see him fail with the Bucs, and it could still happen. I felt from the beginning that at 43 years old, the second half of the season would start to take a toll on him. You don't recover from the hits as quickly at 43 as you would at 23.

Admittedly, most of my dislike for Brady is because he and his team were the obstacle to Manning achieving much more greatness than he already had. Manning revolutionized the position and was just so much fun to watch. However, his biggest failures came in his biggest games, there's no denying that. I always felt that a combination of Manning and BB would have been unstoppable. I know a lot of you on this board, are filled with hatred for Brady, BB and the Pats in general, but really, that's just wasted emotion. You can be a Colts fan and still appreciate the talent you see from other teams/players.
He's a cheater, he never really "carved up" the Colts, with maybe the exception of 2007, and given Spygate and Deflategate, none of that can be considered legitimate anyway. Brady and Belicheat should be banned from football permanently, and all their records removed from NFL history.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
dwilli57 (11-27-2020), IndyNorm (11-25-2020), Racehorse (11-25-2020)