Thread: so Donald Trump
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 09:42 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

As most of you know, for the first time in my adult life (7 Presidential election cycles), I did not vote for a Presidential candidate this time. I felt that neither person running for R or D were worthy of the office. Both were failures in both character and policy vision.

I would offer a couple of things for folks to think about.

#1 Support of the U.S. Military would be required for the republic to falter or end and the U.S. Military will not be a party of that action. I was active duty for 8 years and have now been a civilian employee of the DoD for 14 years (4 year pure civilian stint in the middle) and I can tell you that there is zero appetite within the military to do anything other than protect and defend this nation and its political system AS LAID DOWN by the Constitution. Remember, the oath of service of a military members is to "Support and Defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Not defend the government or the administration; defend the Constitution and the republic. The current political views of whichever administration is in control at that time have little effect on the U.S. military as a whole (except when they use the military as a social experiment lab).

#2 Trump won 2,626 out of 3,113 counties in the U.S. (84.36%).

That also corresponds to him having won 3,156,470 sq miles of U.S. land mass out of 3,797,000 sq miles (83.13%).

While he did lose the popular vote by over 3 million voters, he lost the state of CA by over 4 million votes. In the other 49 states of the union, over 1 million more people voted for him than for Hillary.

Trump won only 12 of the largest 100 counties (i.e. the cities).

You can decide however you want that he is "illegitimate" or somehow "stole" the election but a huge number of folks in the vast majority of the nation voted for him.

#3 I have now worked in cyber security for the Air Force for more than six years. While I can give no evidence on this forum, the narrative that the Russians "hacked" the election are pure fiction. The Dems terrible candidate, faulty assumptions, horrible election strategy and abandonment of one of their previous core voting blocs (working class whites) is what doomed them to lose to the weakest Republican candidate that the party has put up in decades.

#4 I personally think that Trump's administration will be a disaster. I think Hillary's administration would have been equally a disaster. Why? Because neither have the character, morals or ethics to be better than a disaster. Character matters. Folks who lack ethical character cannot but be a disaster in whatever they do. Folks with superior character and ethics will succeed no matter what they do.

#5 Luckily, there is not much that the federal government does that effects the daily lives of the average American. The decisions of the people in our lives, the companies that we interact with, the organizations that we choose to associate with and local governmental decisions effect our daily lives in much, much greater proportion than do the decisions of the Federal government. As the framers of the Constitution intended.

#6 In the words of poet Edward Fitzgerald "this too, shall pass" (quoting a much older Persian proverb).

So, Freaks, live your lives, love those around you and thank your God that Grigson was fired as GM of the Colts.

Cheers,
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
DrSpaceman (02-14-2017), edgeman (02-14-2017), Hoopsdoc (08-30-2017), Indystu2 (02-14-2017), Lov2fish (02-16-2017), smitty46953 (02-14-2017), Spike (07-04-2017), Stew Pidasole (08-23-2017)