View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 07:09 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Interesting development. Makes me wonder what would motivate Castonzo to first float the idea of a retirement, and then decide to return, but only on a year-to-year basis. Trying to read the tea leaves here.

Maybe it's as simple as a desire to earn a few more bucks before retirement, but I have to think that the Colts made some sort of sales pitch to him to convince him to return. If so, what would that pitch have been? We're planning on drafting a developmental QB and you can block for him? I wouldn't think that would be too enticing unless he gets paid really well. We're planning on bringing in a proven vet QB and will have a legit shot at the playoffs? Seems more appealing.

So, do you think this moves the needle closer to the possibility of bringing in a vet QB? Or do you think it's more simple, and just about Castonzo not being ready to let the game go so deciding to play one more season?
He’s a very well educated man he has the ability to go and do almost anything he wants to do so I don’t believe it’s about money he had to decide if he was willing to take another couple years of a beating that offense lineman take on every play.