View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 08:57 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
It's about the team. Give the ball to faulk on 1st and ten and if the hole wasnt there he would bob and weave and take a 3 yard loss. Now it's on Manning to go fix it.

You give Edge the ball on first down and fights to get 3 yards. Now it's second and 7 and the QB doesn't need to pull it out of his ass. Edge would get you 3 yards falling out of bed and NEVER bitched about getting the ball.

He played a year with TWO high ankle sprains. He bitched about not getting his bonus, but he made every freaking game. Thats why Jim payed him his bonus, he played every game and played for the team
Maybe in '96-'97 and at the start of '98, but I remember that once the O started clicking in Peyton's rookie year Faulk seemed to buy in and he had a hell of a year.

At any rate I'm not saying that Faulk was a better fit than Edge b/c he wasn't. What I am saying is that Faulk, Bailey/Holt, extra picks in several rounds of the '99 draft, and the 2nd overall pick and an extra 3rd rounder in the '00 draft would have been better than Edge, Peterson, and Scioli.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
albany ed (01-27-2020)