View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Odd, if Dalton hadn't made the tackle on the interception it would be a different game. If aj green hadn't burnt both our safeties we would have likely won the game.

At the end, our defense got the offense the ball at the end of the 4th with a chance to win before the doyle fumble. Considering such a low level of expectations, they were potentially only 1 or 2 mistakes away from getting us a win. I don't think that is bottom 5 against the bengals.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The D gave up a 75% completion rate at 8.7 ypa, 5.1 ypc on the ground, and 27 points. Any of those stats would be bottom 5 if carried out for a season. The two turnovers are great. Particularly the stripping of Green because we’ve seen it for two games now and it seems to be a focus. But the completion percentage, ypa, and ypc numbers back up with what I saw watching the game - the D did not compete well on a down for down basis. The offense having chances to win the game does not in my view change the defensive performance. If anything the offense’s performance protected the defense quite a bit. Throw last years offense out there and the defense would have looked significantly more inept.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Pez (09-19-2018)