View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Sherck all you need to know about Arden Key is that his production came when he was 235 lbs. He ran around blockers. That was 2016. Since then he ballooned up to 280 while taking time off from football, came back around 260, and did nothing his final year of college ball. I wouldn't touch him until the 4th and that's if he had a reasonable explanation for the off field stuff. Seems like an athlete that doesn't really want to play football.

I also think the "Chubb is solid but not great" stuff came from one early comment weeks ago when someone said "He's not Miles Garrett but he's the best edge rusher in this class". Since then I've read many glowing reports on him highlighting his athleticism, technique, strength, football knowledge, and motor. I've watched games where he has been an unblockable force of nature. I don't think he's going to run a 4.5 40 but the Combine should put to rest any questions about how athletic he is. He is not just the tallest midget, he is a defense-changing prospect and we are lucky to be in position to get him (assuming he doesn't go before we pick).
I couldn't have said it better myself !! Chubb is the #1 defensive player in this years draft, if Ballard passes on him I will lose a lot of faith in him. You can bolster the OL in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, NOT at pick #3.