View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 03:38 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,642 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I would love to add Norwell and go with young defenders in the draft. However, I see Roquan Smith as the player that you have to try to get. He is a field general and very good all over the field. I would even reach a couple picks or so to get him, because he is going to be that good.
I'm not quite done watching film on him yet, but Smith seems undersized and like solid coverage LB who will struggle in run support in the NFL. He's going to have to learn how to fight through blocks better (losing squared up with TEs is bad news in the NFL) and he needs to finish plays better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
The question on my mind is not if Chubb cannot have an immediate impact.

My question is if he is THAT much better than Arden Key whom will very probably be available at the top of the 2nd round?

Or is Chubb that much better than Davenport where we could trade back, pick up more 2nd or 3rd round picks and then pick Davenport in the middle of the 1st round?

If people were saying that he is Von Miller-like, then you take him at #3 no questions asked.

But folks are saying that he is complete and good and NFL ready but not transcendent.

I would like more picks for potentially good NFL players rather than less picks for potentially great NFL players. Lets get all 22 spots up to NFL average / good before worrying about NFL great.

Walk Worthy,
I've heard Chubb compared to Joey Bosa and Mario Williams. I've seen him take over games and singlehandedly wreck offensive gameplans. As I said in the other thread, he reminds me of Jared Allen because of how polished of a technician and NFL ready he is. If you're debating Chubb vs. Davenport, the right question isn't how much better is Chubb than Davenport now (because Chubb is leaps and bounds better currently), it's who will be better in 5 years. My answer to that is I'm fairly confident that Chubb will be a pro bowler and in the all pro conversation, while Davenport will either be an all pro himself, or a struggling backup somewhere. Davenport has all the tools and needs a lot of coaching to refine his technique. Chubb is NFL ready now and will likely become an impact player. I'd take Chubb between the two because the floor is much higher while the ceiling is comparable, but there's no doubt that Davenport has the higher ceiling. It's just not by much.